A financial institution was looking to build its relationships with borrowers who traditionally have no loyalty to mortgage holders and often switch when refinancing their loans. We designed a strategic plan to research the process of refinancing a home, including the needs of customers and loan officers.
As the lead user expereince researcher, my role involved:
- Collaborating with the recruiter to identify target audiences
- Conducting contextual inquiry to understanding call center interactions
- Leading development of interview guides with communications strategists and stakeholders
- Leading interviews with loan officers and borrowers
- Collaborating with a strategist to bring insight into a multi-channel loyalty strategy for mortgage holders